[sib-access] Re: Edit Staff Type

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 22:04:43 +0100

Annabelle,

As I said in a previous message, this dialog is not accessible. I've pasted
my previous post below.

[Start]

Unfortunately this is one of the few dialogs which is not accessible and
cannot be scripted.

The drum mapping is controlled through a graphical representation of a staff
which has note heads on it.

If you want to add a new pitch you must drag a note onto the staff, And if
you want to change the sound which an existing note head triggers, you must
click on that note head in the graphic. After this, the other controls in
the dialog wake up so that you can edit the selected note.

[End]

The spin control that you're asking about moves notes up and down in the
graphic of the staff. So, it may be working but JAWS is not able to detect
the results because they are purely graphical.

If you need to use this dialog then you will need sighted assistance.

Sorry I can't be any more help,

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk