[sib-access] Re: Correction to last e-mail

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 19:05:35 -0000

Kevin,

There's a bug in the function which works out which strips are showing in
the mixer.  The problem is that the structure of the windows in the mixer is
not fixed and this is tripping JAWS up.  I've revised the code to take
account of it.

You should have better control of what's showing in the mixer.  I'm putting
together some quick help topics to deal with the changes in the next release
and I'll talk about the mixer in more detail.  This should hopefully make
things clear.

FYI, The "strings" string is the one which you can use to control all the
strings at once.  I.E. changing the volume in the strings strip will adjust
the volumes in the violin, viola and cello staves at once.

If you had a piece for large orchestra you'd also see strips for wind,
brass, percussion and maybe keyboards and guitars.

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk