[sib-access] Re: Best recipe for creating a three thee stave keyboard part

  • From: "Kevin Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:15:35 -0500

Dan,
        Actually, the situation varies from tune to tune.  I don't know how
his keyboards are laid out concerning which axe has which sound.  I'm not
going to assume that the player has split either of his boards.  I'm going
to think in terms of the player having one keyboard always set to strings
with the other with E Bass and Choir set close enough together that he can
footswitch or punch in what he needs at the start of each song, but not have
to send a patch change in mid-song.
        As it turns out, in the song I just finished, I simply put a
technique to switch to Choir in mid-song.  I'm assuming he'll just move to
the keyboard he needs.  When that happens.
K.