[SI-LIST] Re: why do one need PRBS Rx AND Tx?

  • From: "Ghazzali Majeed" <gmajeed@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roymesi@xxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:19:02 -0700

- You will need transmit PRBS generator so that you can send random data
pattern out the line side and have it looped back/received at tester to =
check
the board functionality i.e. front end design. The looped back data is
received by receiver and checked against the transmitted pattern for any
errors.

- I think, by receive PRBS, it could be transmit PRBS for system side. =
This
way you can check the functionality of interface between your =
transceiver and
the ASIC/FPGA.

One of the advantages of PRBS generators is that you don't need =
expensive
equipment for testing the board functionality. At the end of day, you =
would
need equipment to do all of the DVT but it's a quick way of checking the
board/chip health.=20

Thanks,
Ghazzali
Broadcom Corp.