[SI-LIST] why 75/150 ohms in ODT?

  • From: Canes Venatici <starsilic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 05:15:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
I am trying to simulate the DDR2 interface, which is connected to component
type of memories (no DIMM).
The question I have is, will there be a usage for ODT options 75/150 ohms. If
the typical PCB transmission lines are 50ohms, is there a need for bringing
75/150 ohms in the options for ODT normally found in drivers.  I thought this
75/150 is applicable only if DIMM is the type of the end-memory. Am I right?
Could anyone clarify on this.
thanks
Canes

List technical documents are available at: