[SI-LIST] which is the Best routing Topology

  • From: Sudheer B S <sudheer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'si-list' <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 20:21:36 -0500

Hi All

I  have a small doubt regarding Topology  of routed PCB board

Setup:

Integrated  -------------------Flash --CPLD(xilinx)
Processor              |                                        |
                              R-22ohm                          |
                                  |                                     |
                              SDRAM                            |
                        (micron)                                  |
                                                                      Virtex
FPGA--------Virtex FPGA

(LVTTL24F)               (LVTTL24F)

Speed:133MHz (SDRAM and Processor)

This is one of the routed topology for which SI analysis to be done
All the reflection  will sit on SDRAM when Processor Drives and The response
at SDRAM is very very  bad .I feel the Flash has to be placed close and SDRAM
farther .

But one of the argument is when SDRAM is conducting none of the devices (other
than
Processor) are active ( Tri-stated) so Designers feel this is not at all a
serious problem
Since SDRAMS are operating at very high frequency they have to be placed close
!!!!!!!

Can any  of you help me regarding  this approach

Thank  you

SUDHEER

List archives are viewable at: