[SI-LIST] Re: what is the conductivity of a dielectric?

  • From: "Sainath Nimmagadda" <gigabit@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Rob Hinz" <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:40:23 -0800

Rob,

I believe 'time varying fields' is not the only condition. To bring
displacement current into play, the other condition is the geometry of
structure(incl. material).

Let us consider two mundane examples: 1) ordinary light bulb, and 2)
florescent(tube light) bulb - both excited by time varying fields. How
would you explain displacement current in each case?

Thanks,
Sainath