[SI-LIST] Re: unbalanced setup/hold for DDR3 read

  • From: "Qu, Pingyu (Perry)" <perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Istvan Nagy <buenos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 08:51:30 -0500

Thanks, Istvan, Hermann. From what I read, read leveling is used to adjust skew
caused by fly-by topology between different byte lanes. From what you mentioned
below, it appears that the granularity of phase shift can be quite small to be
used to adjust skew within byte lane ?
For those controllers that do not have read leveling, it gets a bit tricky.

Regards

Perry

Perry Qu

IPD Design & Qualification, Alcatel-Lucent Canada Inc.

600 March Road, Ottawa ON, K2K 2E6, Canada

Phone: 613-7846720  Fax: 613-5993642

Email: perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx