[SI-LIST] Re: trace length matching

  • From: "tao xu" <helen.tao.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jory_mckinley@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 23:23:01 +0800

pornchai
Putting serie termination in different position while keep total trace
length same will effect flight time a little.
I have run a simulation before to see different jitter showed on
receiver waveform by only moving serie termation R along trace.
So keep each segment same is most safe way.
But this kind of fligh time difference is very small value. Running a
simulation will give you more indicate on if you can only matching
total length

On 12/1/06, Jory McKinley <jory_mckinley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Pornchai,
> If the net constraint for your particular application requires matched t-line
> lengths (diff or single ended) within a net class which also includes a
> series termination for each net I would attempt to match each net segment to
> and from the series termination.  Of course if you can simulate the topology
> you will be able to determine the variation you are allowed within each net
> segment.
> -Jory
> p_pornchai <ppornjaturapak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hi All,
>
> When do the PCB routing for high speed design from point to point. There
> is a requirement that we need to match the trace length for each net in the=
>
> group. If there is a serie termination between the two point, is it require=
>
> that each segment(each net before the termination should equal and each
> net after the termination should be equal) to be match in length or can we
> only match the total length of the trace(lenght of segment of trace before
> the termination + lenght of segment of trace after the termination).
>
> Thanks in advance for all your help.
>
> pornchai

> List FAQ wiki page is located at:
>                http://si-list.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Si-List_FAQ