[SI-LIST] Re: trace configuration ??

  • From: "Michael J. Degerstrom" <degers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robison_M@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 20:41:44 -0600

Mike,

Not sure why you have two parallel caps other than to get a specific
value that is not available as one component.

You do NOT want to split the trace at the coax launch.  The wiring
will create an effective 25 ohm path (assuming 50 ohm wiring).
Keep  the caps adjacent to one another as close as pcb
assembler will allow.   Then bring one pcb route to the
mid-point of the caps and T off to both caps while keeping
the T lengths as short as possible.  Use this approach
for both sides of the caps.

I hope I interpreted your question correctly.

Mike

Robison Michael R CNIN wrote:

>hello,
>
>me again!  very specific question.  i got that 576MHz sine wave
>coming onto the board thru a coax.  it goes thru two parallel caps
>to wash out the dc.  do i daisy chain the trace from the coax to
>one cap and then another?  or do i run two traces out from the
>sine, one to each cap?  or does it even matter?  i've got every-
>thing within a few tenths of an inch of each other.
>
>i can think of reasons for either way.
>
>thanks, miker

>//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>
>For help:
>
>List archives are viewable at:
>               //www.freelists.org/archives/si-list
>or at our remote archives:

         Mike Degerstrom  email: degers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Advanced Signal Integrity Design, LLC  http://www.advancedsidesign.com
  Phone: 507-289-2900  Fax: 507-280-0052  Cell Phone: 507-254-4448
              316 6th Street SW; Rochester, MN 55902

List archives are viewable at: