[SI-LIST] Re: tools for really high speed

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:28:08 -0400

Lynne,

CST Microwave Studio and Ansoft HFSS can both handle the 3D full wave
simulations at these frequencies.   To create spice-type models you will
need to convert s-parameters derived from these tools into passive
time-domain simulation models.  There are several commercial tools on
the market that perform this function.  I have validated Sigrity
Broadband Spice with CST Microwave Studio to 40 GHz. and 50 Gbps
signalling against measurement, with the end simulations being done in
HSpice.

scott

lgreen wrote:

>Please reply offline:
>
>Does anyone have any recommendations for extraction and simulation tools for
>data rates at 40 GHz (harmonics to 300 GHz)?
>
>Interconnects for both board and package need to be extracted with the field
>solver; S-parameter models would be acceptable.
>
>SI simulation could be done in an SI simulator or in a SPICE-type simulator.
>However, the signals are already known to violate the quasi-static
>assumption (higher order modes carry significant signal energy).
>
>- Lynne
>

>"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."
>
>Dr. Lynne Green
>Green Streak Programs
>http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
>425-788-0412
>lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>
>For help:
>
>List FAQ wiki page is located at:
>                http://si-list.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Si-List_FAQ
>
>List technical documents are available at:
>                http://www.si-list.org
>
>List archives are viewable at:
>               //www.freelists.org/archives/si-list
>or at our remote archives:

Scott McMorrow
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax
(503) 750-6481 Cellular
http://www.teraspeed.com

Teraspeed is the registered service mark of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org