[SI-LIST] Re: time domain simulation w/ PDN planes

  • From: Ferhat Yaldiz <ferhatyaldiz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sherman.chen@xxxxxxx, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 21:30:49 +0300

Hi Sherman,
You can use Speed2000 for your purpose. With adding simple spice definition
for noise source and PRBS and/or real IBIS drivers you can achieve
time-domain simulation.
And you can call your PRBS text file into your circuit definition. For PI
effect you can include all capacitor parasitics into their models.

Best Regards,

Ferhat Yaldiz

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Chen, Sherman <sherman.chen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello experts,
> I'm trying to evaluate the impact of power plane noise on the HS signals.
> The sim setup would require to apply a noise source on the PDN (somewhere
> btw power plane and ground plane), also a PRBS source at the initial end of
> the t-line. To my knowledge it looks only Cadence Sigrity Speed2000 can run
> such SI/PI combined sim since the feedback I got from Keysight and ANSYS
> both said that neither ADS nor SIWave can handle such sim case where time
> domain sim needs to be run w/ the noise coupled from power/ground plane.
> Note the coupling needs to be from the whole plane rather than injected at
> one point for the latter we can simply use a sparam model of the PDN as the
> means of noise injection but this would not be the equivalent of the plane
> coupling, right?
> Any suggestion will be appreciated.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Sherman Chen