[SI-LIST] Re: termination resistor

  • From: "Lambert Simonovich" <bertsimonovich@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tanxiaoliang1987@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 19:06:53 -0500

Because the driver is a semi-conductor, it's output impedance could vary
based on rising/falling edge transitions, manufacturing process (slow,
typical, fast), and the load it is driving. One way to estimate the driver's
impedance is by using an IBIS model of the device. Since IBIS models are
ASCII based, you can simply use your favourite text editor to view and
quickly estimate the output impedance when driving 50 Ohms by using two of
the four V-T waveform tables.

Here is the link to one of my blog postings, I did a while back titled,
"Determining Output Impedance from IBIS".

http://blog.lamsimenterprises.com/2010/12/22/drivers-output-impedance-from-i
bis/

Bert Simonovich
LAMSIM Enterprises Inc.