[SI-LIST] Re: termination for routing 8 SDRAMs to single Processor

  • From: "Kenneth W. Egan" <kegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dp@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <aavinda12@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:21:52 -0500

The question might not be one of stability, but one of reliability in =
the
long term. Sure, you'll probably meet setup and hold to/from the SDRAM.
However, SDRAM typically has some pretty hot drivers (that I've seen,
simulated and measured in circuit ) and the real issue is over stressing =

The input protection on the receiver, i.e. overshoot issues.

Failure modes in this case may not occur until much later in time.

KWE
=20