[SI-LIST] switching LVDS from loose to tight coupling

  • From: "Robert Sefton" <rsefton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:39:24 -0700

I'm running a ~400MHz LVDS bus (source synchronous, data on both edges of
clock) from a main board through a connector to a daughter card. For various
reasons I'm using loose coupling on the main board, routing each line as
single-ended 50 Ohm. The bus is terminated into 100 Ohms at the load on the
daughter card. I am not designing the daughter card so it's likely that the
diff pairs will be tightly coupled there. My question is whether switching from
loose coupling to tight coupling across the connector is ok. My instincts say
it's fine as long as lengths within each pair are closely matched to my side of
the connector, but I don't have the tools to simulate it.

Any potential for problems here?

Thanks,

Robert

List archives are viewable at: