[SI-LIST] Re: stripline differential impedance control issue

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ZYL <sango@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 23:34:11 -0800

Are you asking if you can route HDMI in L7 as well as L8?  Or are you
asking about impedance only in L8?

L7 HDMI, is a matter of how close you get to the digital / power signals.

L8 impedance:  There is no reason from what you show that you cannot get
100 Ohms differential in L7 and L8.  It depends on your materials,
spacing, and trace parameters.

Steve.
ZYL wrote:
> Hello Everyone
> I got one problem related to PCB layout design for HDMI differential signal.
> Actualy, since layout area is so limited, we have to route some traces above
> HDMI differnetial signal in adjacent layer, like below
> Layer 6: ref. GND;
> Layer 7: lots digital/power signals (horizental)
> Layer 8: HDMI differential pairs (vertical)
> Layer 9: ref. GND
> Can someone let me know how much impact will get by this kind of routing? Is
> that possible to meet 100ohm diffenertial impedance by this routing?
> Thanks
> Best Regards
> Sango
>
> ________________________________
>
>> Confidentiality Notice.
>> This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise
>> protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
>> hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or
>> copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you
>> have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply
>> e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

>> http://www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>>
>> For help:
>>

>> List technical documents are available at:
>>                http://www.si-list.net