[SI-LIST] square shielded loops

  • From: Doug Smith <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emc-pstc <emc-pstc@xxxxxxxx>, SI-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 22:11:04 -0700

 Hi All,
I have added this month's Technical Tidbit on square shielded loops on my
website. The link to the article is the picture of a square shielded loop at
the bottom of the page at http://emcesd.com[1] .

Technical Tidbit - May 2008
The Square Shielded Magnetic Loop - Part 1
(Construction details)
This month's Technical Tidbit describes how to construct a square shielded
loop. Such a device is an extremely useful troubleshooting tool.
Abstract: Square magnetic loops are very useful troubleshooting tools and
areused in some of the articles on this website. This is the first in a
series of articles describing the construction and characteristics of
shielded magnetic loops as well as comparing them to unshielded magnetic
loops made from stiff wire. The construction of a square shielded loop is
described.
Also added is a new EMC engineer job position at Google on my jobs page at:
http://emcesd.com/jobs/jobpost.htm[2]

Doug
\/ ) P.O. Box 1457 ========= Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457 _ / \ / \ _ TEL/FAX:
408-356-4186/358-3799 / /\ \ ] / /\ \ Mobile: 408-858-4528 | q-----( ) | o |