[SI-LIST] Re: spice math question

  • From: "John Ellis" <jellis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:28:56 -0500

Hi Andy,

Iw as using primarily modal models which are a combination of tlines and
dependendent voltage and current sources.

However...

I just did some experiments with pure 50 Ohm t-lines.

For 40 inches at td=158p/in.  td should equal 6.32ns.

When I simulate a single 40 inch tline I get 5.89 ns 50% to 50% delay with a
100ps edge(0 to 100%) input.

10 sections of 4 inches each  yields td=6.16ns
20 sections of 2 inches each yields td=6.3 ns.

I'd appreciate a reality check on this.  I terminated the far end of the
tline in 50 Ohms to ground.

John