[SI-LIST] Re: spatial resolution and effective rise time of VNA with TDR time-domain option

  • From: "Loyer, Jeff" <jeff.loyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:38:01 -0800

This brought up a question I have:
Does anybody routinely use the "TDR option" of a VNA?

I already had a TDR when I got our VNA.  I tried the "TDR option" of the =
VNA, but found it cumbersome, awkward, etc. (not to mention the sloooow =
rise-time it forced).  Kinda like using a 2x4 for a hammer - it works in =
a pinch, but just barely, and not for everything.  So, I'm real glad I =
have both the TDR and VNA.  I can't imagine using just the TDR option of =
the VNA.

Am I missing something?  Have others had different experiences?

Jeff Loyer