[SI-LIST] Re: source-termination and daisy chain question

  • From: "Mark Woods" <mark.woods@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 16:01:00 -0700

How do I unsubscribe?

-----Original Message-----
From: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of olaney@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 12:06 PM
To: olaney@xxxxxxxx
Cc: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: source-termination and daisy chain question

All very true.  Consider also that if the trace is short compared to the
risetime, you can live with no termination at all.  That's how classic
TTL design was usually done, and still applies if the scale is right for
the speed.  Of course, some logic families require a termination to
create proper logic levels.

Orin

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net