[SI-LIST] Re: source synchronous constraint

  • From: "Ingraham, Andrew" <Andrew.Ingraham@xxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bobperl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:03:03 -0400

> On the transmit end, the outgoing data is guaranteed to be valid at
> least 1 ns before the outgoing strobe's active edge, and remain valid
> no less than 1 ns after.  In other words, the worst-case minimum data
> valid window is 2 ns wide.

It's probably the other way around.  The 2ns is the data INvalid window.
They guarantee that it remains stable up until 1ns before strobe, and
starts changing again as early as 1ns after strobe.  It changes
somewhere in there; goodness is when both times at the transmit end are
small.

The data valid time depends on the time between strobes.

This is a case where timing diagrams really would help.

Though some people do, I don't like using "setup" and "hold" times when
talking about driven (output) signals.  Personal preference.

Andy

List archives are viewable at: