[SI-LIST] Re: si-list@freelists.org

  • From: "Viaene, Tim" <tim.viaene@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'rpimenta@xxxxxxxxxx'" <rpimenta@xxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:26:45 +0200

Dear Rui,
It is not as bad as it looks.
The noise on the supply gives phase jitter on the rocket io clock. As you
are using your rocket io at 1Gig instead of the maximum 3.3 Gig your margin
for jitter is much bigger.
I do not expect any problem -without bead - if you are using your link in
"normal applications"
normal means : limited link length; no backplane ;or to an optical connector
You can place an 0603 footprint on the layout, place a 0ohm resistor and -if
needed- place a small value.

If you have more info on your link i can give you more feed-back.

Best Regards,

Tim,