[SI-LIST] Re: si-list Digest V7 #373

  • From: Joel Amzallag <loeljem@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:54:27 -0800 (PST)

Oops... I forget the "t". it is
.options opts

Regards,
Joel.

Tue, 13 Nov 2007 Volume: 07  Issue: 373

In This Issue:
 #1: From: Joel Amzallag
  Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: si-list Digest V7 #372

Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:58:36 -0800 (PST)
From: Joel Amzallag

Hi Navaram,
You could try the "hidden" ops to print all Hspice options:

* Print all options
.options ops
.end

or as Lynne suggested, call Synopsys.

Regards,
Joel.

In This Issue:
 #1: From: "Frank Dunlap"
  Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: hspice
 #2: From: "Lynne D. Green"

Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:33:08 -0800
From: "Frank Dunlap"

Hi Navaram,

Check to make sure that the options settings are the same for each
simulation, and be sure that the SPICE model file supports the
particular simulator version(s) that you are using.

Though I don't recall the means off-hand (I believe that it is through
an .options setting), one can force HSPICE to print out the options that
it is using. You can do that for each case, and then compare the options
across cases.

Regards,

Frank

From: "Lynne D. Green"
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:42:33 -0800

Hello, K.Navaram Kumar,

Here are some things you can look at in the output (.print) files:
1) As Frank noted, a common problem is a mismatch between the model
parameters and the model equations built into the simulator.  One symptom of
a mismatch is a "Warning" that one (or more) parameters were not used.
2) Print out the model parameters (check the HSPICE manual for the specific
syntax).  Check for a model name or level change, such as BSIM4Level1 to
BSIM4Level 2.
3)  Also check  _every_ parameter value.  Again, if there are not the same
number of parameters as well as the same values, there is a mismatch.
4) Check for convergence and tolerance issues during simulation.  At what
time step do the different simulations diverge?  Is there perhaps a
numerical issue where the latest version of HSPICE has made an improvement?
5) If none of these work, then the best thing to do is to email HSPICE
support.

Best of luck,
Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412
lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am working on Flip Flop at 65nm (BSIM4V0), but the  result for same flie
different versions of HSPICE are giving different result in power and dealys
there is a lot of difference.
Could you tell me what worng with that. I am using latest version.
Thanks&Regards
K.Navaram Kumar

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net