[SI-LIST] Re: si-list Digest V6 #14

  • From: Clayton Wrobel <claywrobel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:22:05 -0800 (PST)

Just to clarify, We did have different trace widths for 50 SE (9 mils
wide) and 100 Ohm Diff (7 mil Trace, 7 mil space).  We asked for +/-
10% on each.

I am not particularly worried about the single ended traces since that
was not based on any real requirement, just general design practice.  I
am concerned about the LVDS video.

We do not have time to re-spin the boards right now, so we are going to
use them to prove the design and replace them when the logical design
is confirmed.  Customer is throwing BIG rocks at us because of
schedule.

I am very concerned about the quality of the board houses, especially
when they told me that they have trouble with 10% impedance specs.  I
am trying to get a new quick-turn board house qualified, but I seem to
have stepped right in the middle of a political mine field.  Oh well, I
did go from a tine company to a larger one to gain this kind of
experience, however uncomfortable it is.  I have turned it over to
quality to deal with but that isn't a near term fix.

My real question was how to determine what the impact would be.  A
number of people have recommended free/open source tools.  This is a
new area for me.  Anyone got a collection of tools and/or methodology
for a person just starting in SI?

Clayton Wrobel

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: