[SI-LIST] Re: return path

  • From: "Benny Yan" <zyan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <zhangchh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:26:31 +0800

So many reference guides insist that there should be no power split while
routing high speed signals, and many engineers regard it as the bible.
Of course, intact reference plane is perfect but it is not always available.
You have to balance the performance and cost and other things.

Hence, SI engineers need to be care of their stackup design and decide whether
or where stitching capacitor needed or something else.

All depends on how much you can rely on your design.

Benny Yan

IO Methodology Inc