[SI-LIST] Re: relative magnetic permeability of tungsten,mol ybdenum... proving hard to find

  • From: Aubrey_Sparkman@xxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 08:41:01 -0600

As I remember it, only Iron, Nickel, and Cobalt have a Ur significantly
greater than 1.  Look up Alloy 42 for interesting properties of an alloy
that combines all three.  You should get a sample of the material as you
plan to use it and measure since this property is STRONGLY affected by
processing as well as contaminants (Phosphorus content in some Nickel
plating).

Aubrey Sparkman
Enterprise Engineering Signal Integrity Team
Dell, Inc.
Aubrey_Sparkman@xxxxxxxx
(512) 723-3592

List archives are viewable at: