[SI-LIST] Re: relation between signal rise time and scope rise time

  • From: prasad <hariprasad.palli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tom Dagostino <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 11:50:12 +0530

hi All,
thank you very much for your comments.

i read some where that  Tr=  measured risetime = SQRT[(Scope system
risetime)^2 + (DUT risetime)^2], which is valid when its a combination of 2
Gaussian Response filters, but if the Scope is a having  Brick wall
response, then i believe the resultant rise time would be which ever is
slower among scope's rise time and signal's rise time.

Please correct.

Thanks,
hari....

List technical documents are available at: