[SI-LIST] Re: reflection coeficient

  • From: "Lynne D. Green" <lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kgrhoads@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:41:34 -0700

Kevin-

I agree there is no replacement for visual demos (100 foot clothesline is
under $5).  My Physics prof showed the tied vs slip ring termination effect
at roughly 30 feet (10 m).

Another fun one is to use a motor with "stick" to drive one end of the
"clothesline" to demo standing waves.  Back then, I was most impressed by
the fact that there was a fixed point of zero amplitude (voltage), and yet
energy was clearly moving past that point.  Today, I look back at that and
visualize PCB resonances.

After that, they taught us all the math....

Cheers,
Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412