[SI-LIST] Re: reference plane cutout under DC blocking capacitor pads

  • From: "Antonis Orphanou" <orphanou@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Scott McMorrow" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 23:02:14 +0000

Hello Scott, thanks for your response.
Your point is correct and I absolutely agree with you. Cutting the planes below
the pad is a safe practice and I use that myself....
However I do not agree that an un-cleared  pad can be catastrophic to the
bandwidth. Yes there will be some return loss compromise but that's not a do or
die scenario.

Regards
Antonis.