[SI-LIST] question on IBIS: rising/falling waveform.

  • From: adeel.ahmad@xxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:37:19 +0530

hello all,

trying to use IBIS models, i am stuck at the V-t curves/risng-falling &
ramps section and to add to Jack's question on rising/falling V-t curves,
i will appreciate if someone can help me understand a few basic things
regarding IBIS model file-
1. what is the need of Ramps when waveform curve is already given?
(backward compatibility??)
2. what input ramp is taken to get the listed fall-rise curves?
(I read in eigroup.org's FAQs that "IBIS does not provide an Input pulse
specification for deriving Ramp rates"). Then how do i get to see the
same waveform in my simulator's waveviewer as listed in the IBIS file?
3. since IBIS model gives waveform only for a particular load(fixture),
how does simulator for SI,bounce etc derive waveforms at different
simulation(load) conditions?

i tried using IBIS model of Altera's FPGA(Mercury_pci) in hspice. the dc
curves are straightforward but the timing portion is unclear to me.

hope to get some enlightment.

regards
ADEEL AHMAD

List archives are viewable at: