[SI-LIST] Re: question about IBIS's V-T curve Scaling ?

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:48:07 -0800

Gzeng,

Sorry for the late response.

There are two articles I know of which discuss this question.
You can download them from the links provided by Mentor's web
site:

http://www.mentor.com/pcb/ibis_modeling.html?nav=3Dpcb_bs_highspeed&siteh=
ead=3Dpcb_bs&navtabs=3Dpcb_bs_1:3,pcb_bs_2highspeed

Scroll down and look for "Academic Articles" under "Articles,
Presentations & Documents" section.

Both papers are listed there, but the direct link to the second
paper is:

http://www.sigrity.com/papers/ectc96/DOectc96ibis.htm

They basically say the same, but the problem with this approach
is that they rely on a basic assumption.  The assumption is that
the scaling coefficients for the pulldown or pullup IV curves
remain the same regardless of what R_fixture and V_fixture
combinations you use to generate your waveforms.  Having done
some experiments I can tell you that in real life this is not
completely true (but it is a good start).  That is why the
Cadence's user manual may say what it says, however, I am not
in the position of verifying or clarifying that.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D