[SI-LIST] Re: power/ground connection

  • From: "tao xu" <helen.tao.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: venki.pras@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:30:08 +0800

hi, Pras
the voltage you need to study is between Vcc@die side and gnd@die side
since waveform there is what I/O or core really see in its power and ground
pin.  The way you connect ideal power supply is correct. But how to connect
spice ground to package is a case by case questions, which will be decided
by what kind of model you used for package.

Thanks and regards
Tao ( Helen )

On 7/11/07, Pras venki <venki.pras@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I m trying to simulate crosstalk, SSN on my package model.
> Now when I m connecting the spice's ideal power supply to my package, I
> connect it between the ball end of the supply net and the ground net. Also
> then I short the ball end of the ground net to ground. Is this setup
> right?
> Coz ppl when they talk abt power/gnd nets, they talk of them in pairs but
> here I m having two separate voltage waveforms - one at Vcc and then the
> other at 0V, which is how I look at it.
>
> Regards,

> List technical documents are available at:
>                http://www.si-list.net