[SI-LIST] power supply output series jumper

  • From: "Harwood, Morton (GE Aviation, US)" <Morton.Harwood@xxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 12:32:19 -0400

This is a power supply question, however I figure it's OK for this list
since it concerns power integrity.

On my processor board I need to design a 1.0V +/- 50 mV point-of-load
power converter for my CPU core voltage.  6A output current.  I'm
planning to use TPS53315, which should work with my 5V input voltage.

I'm being asked by the test guys to include a series jumper (zero-Ohm
resistor soldered to the board) on the supply output, so the test guys
can remove the jumper if they want during power supply troubleshooting.
I'm nervous about including this jumper.  For best power integrity I
would rather not have the jumper in the path.  My question is, do folks
think I am being too paranoid?

Thanks much for your comments.

Mort

List technical documents are available at: