[SI-LIST] Re: power plane spacing

  • From: "S. Weir" <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:52:32 -0700

Dorin, I assume that you are worried about the lateral spacing between the
split plane sections.  I have never heard of anyone worrying about edge to
edge coupling between digital supplies.  The plane to plane coupling of
each to the ground plane will swamp out the meager coupling along the
edges.  So, excessive spacing like 50 mils doesn't seem to offer benefit,
unless you have a very sensitive plane section for say low-level analog.

Regards,

Steve.