[SI-LIST] polarity of chip inductors

  • From: Tsai Robert-rvfm80 <rvfm80@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 14:12:04 -0700

Dear professionals:

Can anyone provide info on the polarity of some chip inductors? My specific
question is if I mount the chip inductors (0201 or 0402) with polarity mark
incorrectly (upside down) on the boards, what will be the consequence? Also,
why and how the chip inductors have polarity. Any info will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks a million.

Best Regards,
Robert
***This note may contain Motorola Confidential Proprietary or Motorola Internal
Use Only Information and is intended to be reviewed by only the individual or
organization named above. If you are not the intended recipient or an
authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination or copying of this email and its attachments, if
any, or the information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and
delete this email from your system.  Thank you!***

List FAQ wiki page is located at:
                http://si-list.org/wiki/wiki.pl

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org