[SI-LIST] Re: plane-to-plane decoupling

  • From: Vinu Arumugham <vinu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:40:57 -0700

Steve,

"A single capacitor will still impose a substantial bump in the
impedance for a single signal.", yes, but the same applies if that
capacitor were in an AC coupling configuration.
It certainly has an impact but I don't see it being "unusable" as Lee
put it.

"A typical plane cavity will impose a much smaller bump.", yes, but if
the 1 sq. in. cavity has to support several links, then the difference
between (1) and (2) is not as big.

Thanks,
Vinu

List technical documents are available at: