[SI-LIST] Re: package model of SSD

  • From: "Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Han, Guobing'" <han.guobing@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 11:02:38 -0800

Robin

It all depends on what signals you have access to.  And what kinds of
reflections are in your system.  You can easily get NEXT, shoot the TDR
pulse into one net and measure the NEXT on the others.  To get FEXT, well,
if the system has a good termination at the receiver it will be impossible
unless you have access at the receiver.  If you can shut off the termination
at the receiver you can measure you can measure the FEXT for a signal
referenced to the receiver.  Turn off the termination, TDR the net and
measure the other net.  The first data coming out will be the NEXT and when
the TDR reflection comes back you will also see the FEXT referenced to the
receiver end.  You will get some indication of FEXT but the risetime of the
TDR edge will already be degraded so you won't have a perfect answer.

Tom Dagostino

Teraspeed Labs

9999 SW Wilshire Street

Suite 102