[SI-LIST] Re: package SSN model accuracy requirements

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:23:09 -0800

Chris,=20

I only want to reply to one thing now.  Regarding the rest of the
conversation, I feel we are in a bottomless pit, spiraling down
endlessly.  I think it is time to quit and do some work, so that
we won't have to wait seven more years for better models to come
out...  With this I am telling you now, upfront, that I am going
to stop responding to your messages (unless we change subjects),
but this is not because I ran out of answers...  I just simply
don't think it is worth our time to continue with this.

Your quote from Michael actually supports what I told you before.
Michael says that "IBIS ... does not include enough data to provide
a consistent power integrity result between tools" tells me that you
CAN use IBIS for power integrity (or SSO), but the results are not
consistent between tools (i.e. there is room for improvement).  You
said "IBIS can't do it AT ALL".  Not being able to do something
AT ALL and not being able to do something CONSISTENTLY are two
different things, as far as my English understanding goes...

Elsewhere you said that you would rather have something than nothing,
so there, IBIS CAN give you something as far as SSO is concerned...
I agree, there is a lot of room for improvement, but the IBIS
committee is working on that as we speak.

Sincerely,

Arpad
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D