[SI-LIST] Re: package SSN model accuracy requirements

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:54:23 -0800

Chris,

The same is also true for SPICE!  You are putting your faith
into those engineer's hands who write your process files.  And
the average circuit designer usually has no clue for how to
correct a bad transistor process file.  Many times they don't
even know where the limitations of the model are that they are
using...

Having worked for the same company I work for, you should
remember some of the horror stories from those good old days
when the IV curve of certain transistor models were on the
order of 2-3x away from measurements...  And what did we do
to get a quick fix?  We tweaked the .OPTIONS and did tricks
with other simulation parameters because the process files
were not going to change any time soon.  (Good luck doing
this independently for the N and P transistors).  But I
think I may have already said too much, so I will stop
right here.

Arpad
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D