[SI-LIST] Re: optimize Equalization and De-emphasis settings

  • From: "Stephen Zinck" <szinck1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Dmitriev-Zdorov, Vladimir'" <vladimir_dmitriev-zdorov@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:44:56 -0500

Hi Vladimir,

I agree with what you stated below.

I mentioned my s-parameter concatenation flow, just for informational
purposes, as it is an extension of the setting optimization that is provided
by the tools from Altera and Broadcom, in that these tools require a single
S-parameter file.

As far as Gert's specific case, I think he, unfortunately, needs to handle
each silicon-PCB-silicon case individually. And yes, some behavior will not
be passed on to the next stage. The tools are not there for this behavior.
But as long as all requirements are met at each receiver, given worst case
patterns, PVT corners, TX and RX settings, etc., the overall design will be
robust, even though it is analyzed in stages...

Best regards,
Steve

Stephen P. Zinck
High-Speed Signal Integrity Consulting