[SI-LIST] Re: one question for HSPIC and IBIS_AMI

  • From: Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Jimmy Lee <Jimmylee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 16:13:01 -0700

Hi Jimmy,
Cadence SigXp 16.3 supports IBIS-AMI model simulation.  However you will
need IBIS and AMI models for both Tx and Rx.

Regards,
Ravinder Ajmani
Server PCB Development
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies

Email: Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jimmy Lee <Jimmylee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
04/02/2011 10:04 AM

"si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[SI-LIST] one question for HSPIC and IBIS_AMI

Hi SI expert
Something confused me several days

I need to perform serdes channel simulations with mixed models(HSPICE and
IBIS-AMI). Is it possible? EDA tools I have are HSPICE 2010.03-sp1, SIGXP
16.2, Hyperlynx 8.0. I found neither sigxp nor hyperlynx on there version
support IBIS-AMI. HSPICE is said to support IBIS-AMI in Statistical Eye
Analysis mode with .stateye command. Is there a tutorial about how to do a
serdes channel simulation with mixed hspice and ibis-ami models in HSPICE?
BTW, could I just do a transient simulation with the preemphasis or
equaliztion options compiled in .ami or .dll file?

Thanks
Jimmy

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net