[SI-LIST] Re: one question for HSPIC and IBIS_AMI

  • From: Jimmy Lee <Jimmylee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 18:48:40 +0000

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I  have already had channel S-parameters. But I have no experience to do a
simulation in HSPICE Statistical Eye Analysis mode. Is there any  tutorial
about it? Or the right way to me is just to read help of Hspice?

addresser: steve weir [weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx]
send time: 2011-4-3 1:25
addressee: Jimmy Lee
Cc: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Title: Re: [SI-LIST] one question for HSPIC and IBIS_AMI

Extract s-parameters for the channel and use those with HSPICE.

Steve.
On 4/2/2011 10:04 AM, Jimmy Lee wrote:
> Hi SI expert
> Something confused me several days
>
> I need to perform serdes channel simulations with mixed models(HSPICE and
> IBIS-AMI). Is it possible? EDA tools I have are HSPICE 2010.03-sp1, SIGXP
> 16.2, Hyperlynx 8.0. I found neither sigxp nor hyperlynx on there version
> support IBIS-AMI. HSPICE is said to support IBIS-AMI in Statistical Eye
> Analysis mode with .stateye command. Is there a tutorial about how to do a
> serdes channel simulation with mixed hspice and ibis-ami models in HSPICE?
> BTW, could I just do a transient simulation with the preemphasis or
> equaliztion options compiled in .ami or .dll file?
>

> Thanks
> Jimmy

> List technical documents are available at:
>                  http://www.si-list.net