[SI-LIST] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "Raj Raghuram" <raghu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <yu_liu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:43:33 -0800

Yu,

The calculation that 400,000 circuit elements are needed to represent 2-port
S-parameters is misleading and here is why. The number of circuit elements
needed to represent the frequency variation of one of the S-parameters is
usually not anywhere near the number of frequency points. The fit is done
using rational functions and the order of the rational function is far less
than the number of frequency points. If you have a smooth variation, a
relatively low order transfer function would do the job. Assuming 10th order
rational functions, the number is closer to 40 i.e you have 40 state
variables.

Best Regards,

Raj Raghuram
Sigrity, Inc.