[SI-LIST] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "Clewell, Craig" <cclewell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'winson yu' <winsonyu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:56:19 -0500

Winson,

Correction...you have been working on the file since September.

All that has been proven thus far is that the one scenario works, but you
MUST use the delmax command in HSPICE in order to make this circuit work.
If you do not use this option the file will not generate the correct result.
I have never had to use the delmax command before with any other file, and
I'm not quite sure how you choose the correct value to use.  How will I know
what value to use for delmax from one model to the other?  How did you come
up with the value of 2ps as the value to use to get this particular case to
work?  How will my customer know what value of delmax to use?  What if they
are not using HSPICE and are forced to use a generic model in a different
flavor of SPICE?

I have not been able to see the "generic" output file work yet.  And, as Yu
pointed out this morning, I am anticipating this file to be enormous.  I had
a simple 2 port running for over an hour and a half before I shut it down.

Also, I have not verified or have received any information on the ability to
obtain accurate crosstalk with either type of model.  The next step would be
to jump to at least a 4 port and investigate how well the coupling is
interpreted.

As far as a public forum goes....well that's what I thought it was for.
Nobody is charging anyone for claims made here.  Although I posess these big
brass ones I will leave the personal BS you brought with your last e-mail
out of this...The End.

Have a good day,

Craig