[SI-LIST] Re: new video podcast "A Scope Probe can Fool You"

  • From: <colin_warwick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 02:02:16 -0600

Hi Doug, Nice video! I was wondering whether the circuit board made a =
difference. If the ground clip is attached to the probe tip and there's =
a loop, you'll get EM induction by Faraday's law ( curl(E) =3D - dB/dt ) =
in the loop with or without the circuit board. Maybe for next week's =
video you can try it with and without. Also, how about reducing the loop =
area bordered by the ground wire by taping it close to the body? Or =
making it a figure of eight?

-- Colin
Solution ... we go viral ... we get on the 'net ... and we blog it out =
... http://signal-integrity-tips.com=20

Msg: #10 in digest
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:57:50 -0700
From: Doug Smith <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [SI-LIST] new video podcast "A Scope Probe can Fool You"

Hi All,

Just finished this week's video podcast (a little early) on a source of=20
error in oscilloscope probe measurements. The video runs about three=20
minutes. There are two ways to view it:

1) Go to my video podcast page at:=20
http://emcesd-podcast.com/weekly_podcasts/weekly_podcast.mp4

The archive page is at: http://emcesd-podcast.com/weekly_podcasts/