[SI-LIST] Re: negative mos conductance

  • From: Raymond.Leung@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:38:46 +1000

I would like to add one more input: if you are simulating a
schematic in which node capacitances are unreal, perhaps
the CSHUNT parameter can help.  Many times when
negative condutance warning goes together with time step
too small problem, there is an unrealistic model parameter
set, if the node capacitances are well considered.

Regards,
Raymond

"lgreen" <lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 12/10/2004 10:23:21

Please respond to lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   silverhawk2040@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:    (bcc: Raymond Leung/sdc)

Subject:  [SI-LIST] Re: negative mos conductance

Hello, Manish,

1) This is a convergence problem.  You might want to investigate your
settings for GMIN and the various tolerance controls (VTOL, RELTOL, =
etc.).

2) One might also want to investigate the model parameters.  Sometimes
transistor "models" (i.e. parameter sets) are non-physical.  This can be
caused, for example, by quirks in solving the N-dimensional parameter
extraction problem with correlated parameters.

Best regards,
Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx