[SI-LIST] Re: need advice on DDR3 simulation / termination

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel Brown <joel@xxxxxxxxxx>, Cuong Nguyen <cuong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 07:20:33 +0200

Hello Joel,
I have even seen package models with global values where the Vendor put
the input capacitance of the Power pins in max value of the package model.
But even if the max values are coming e. g. from a low speeed pin it
does not make sens to use such a max value.
So as long you do not really have the capacitance of the pins you want
to use it can be very misleading to use the max. value as you have seen.

Maybe you can get more information from Altera on this one ?

Hermann

Latest Download:
=================
Presentation to our paper on the Embedded World Conference 2014:
"Jitter in PCIe application on embedded boards with PLL Zero delay Clock buffer"
http://www.eyeknowhow.de/en/downloads/

EKH - EyeKnowHow
Hermann Ruckerbauer
www.EyeKnowHow.de