[SI-LIST] Re: near and far end crosstalk in frequency domain

  • From: Ed Sayre III <esayre3@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: zhang_kun@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 10:20:35 -0400

Zhangkun,
   Have you looked at the crosstalk in the time domain?  If not then you
should also consider this.  Looking only in one domain is not the best way
to isolate/debug an issue.  The near end or backward crosstalk, in the time
domain, will give you insight as to where in the transmission line
structure the coupling is occurring.  This uses the same techniques as
determining the discontinuities base on the timing in TDR plot
    Have you tried to include a model your measurement setup in the
simulations?  If you can replicate the setup, this will also give you
insight into where the coupling is occurring.  You need to confirm all
assumptions including signal returns and grounds.

Regards

               NORTH EAST SYSTEMS ASSOCIATES, INC

                         "High Performance Engineering & Design"
  Dr. Edward Sayre 3rd            e-mail: esayre3@xxxxxxxx
  NESA, Inc.                              http://www.nesa.com/
  5 Lan Drive, Suite 200          Tel  +1.978.392-8787 x 218
  Westford, MA 01886 USA       Fax +1.978.392-8686

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: