[SI-LIST] Re: near and far end crosstalk in frequency domain

  • From: "Istvan NOVAK" <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <zhang_kun@xxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:11:50 -0400

Dear Zhangkun,

Unless you have a perfectly homogeious cross section of
material that carries the field, there is always a far-end
crosstalk component, even if you have perfect termination.
One major difference between near-end and far-end
crosstalk is that far-end crosstalk saturates at full coupling.
This means that beyond a certain frequency, the far-end
crosstalk response may be bigger than the near-end crosstalk
response.  'May be' refers to the fact that both near-end and
far-end crosstalk vary sinusoidally with frequency, but with
different periodicity: near-end crosstalk's periodicity depends
on the electrical length of coupled section, far-end crosstalk's
periodicity depends on the electrical length of coupled section
AND the strength of coupling.

Regards,

Istvan