[SI-LIST] Re: nRESET

  • From: "S. Weir" <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 22:23:09 -0700

erwin,

This is a common problem with light pull-ups on asynchronous reset
lines.  If the nRESET line does not need to go to a cable, then just reduce
the value of the pull-up resistor, so that it takes at least 2mA to pull it
down.

If the nRESET line connects to a cable then there is a good chance that you
will need to do more to prevent spurious resets from occurring when the
cable gets connected and disconnected due to cable capacitance.

Regards,

Steve.